We Are Michigan's Leading Resource On Removing Barriers For People Living With A Disability
The Council promotes a philosophy of independent living. This includes the full integration and inclusion of people with disabilities into the mainstream of American society. We do this through: consumer control, peer support, self-help, self-determination, equal access, and individual and systems advocacy to maximize the leadership, empowerment, independence, and productivity of people with disabilities.
Meetings and Events:
State Plan for Independnet Living Committee Meeting
- On Thursday March 23rd there will be a State Plan for Independent Living Committee Meeting
- Time: 2 pm to 3 pm
- Call-In: 712-832-8282 Access Code: 733819
The Michigan Statewide Independent Living Council will be hosting a series of events to develop a consumer led common disability agenda
Please join us and provide input into this document which will drive our efforts for full integration and inclusion for persons with disabilities in all aspects of community living.
- Saginaw Event: Please Note Location Change, April 6th, 12 p.m to 3 p.m. Saginaw ISD Transitions Center, 3860 Fashion Square Boulevard, Saginaw, MI 48603
- St. Ignace Event, April 17th, 1 p.m to 3 p.m St. Ignace Public Library 110 W. Spruce Street, St. Ignace, MI 49781
- Escnaba Event: April 18th, 9 a.m to 12 p.m, Escanaba Civic Center, 224 N. 21st Street, Escanaba, MI 49829
- Houghton Event: April 18th, 4:30 p.m to 7:30 p.m, City of Houghton City Center, 616 Sheldon Avenue, Houghton, MI 49931
- Marquette Event, April 19th 12 p.m to 3 p.m. Peter White Public Library, 217 N. Front Street, Marquette MI 49855
- East Lansing Event, May 1st, 12 p.m to 3 p.m 819 Abbot Rd, East Lansing, MI 48823
- Alpena Event, May 31st, 1 pm to 4 pm, AMA ESD (Alpena-Montmorency-Alcona Educational Service District) 2118 U.S 23 North Alpena, MI 49707
- Caro Event, June 5th 12 pm to 3 pm, 1401 Cleaver Road, Caro MI 48723
- Muskegon Event, June 23rd 3:30 pm to 6 pm, 31 East Clay Ave, Muskegon MI 49442
Provide Input into the 2017-2019 State Plan for Independent Living
The SILC Council is soliciting public opinion for the 2017-2019 State Plan for Independent Living. There are several ways which you can contribute to this process.
- Provide public comment at SILC Council Meetings.
- Contact the SILC Office directly via phone or email.
- Take this Survey
If you require assistance with completing the SPIL survey or providing public comment, please contact Tracy Brown at the SILC Office. Tracy@misilc.org or 517-371-4872 or you can use the contact section of the web site.
Meetings and Events
Phone: 517-371-4872 or
Toll free: 800-808-7452.
Mailing Address: 2843 East Grand River Ave #283 East Lansing MI 48823
Office hours: Staff are available via appointment Monday thru Friday. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 517-371-4872